It is generally not always necessary for you to move out of your home or place of business. It might be your preference to temporarily vacate for your own personal reasons. You may not like the smell of paint (Though we do use no VOC and low VOCS paints to accommodate this concern) or you might prefer to simply be elsewhere whilst the work goes on. You must also consider the size and scope of the job.
However, we find that most clients DO NOT move out. We paint in specific sections at a time. We also prefer to paint bedrooms, living areas and main areas of work first in order to minimize disruption. When it comes to exterior painting there is no reason to temporarily move out.
It would be a big help if you could walk around the premises and remove any items that closely surround it. This would include furniture, tools and equipment, pot plants etc. Trees and plants that closely surround the premise will be protected.
- Either remove furniture from rooms that are to be painted or place them in the centre of the room.
- Remove objects from tables, dressers and shelves. They should be bare.
- Remove paintings and pictures (advise us if you would like to have them rehung exactly where they were after).
- Please ensure pets are kept away from work rooms.
- If you need help with moving/lifting furniture please let us know and we will be happy to help. We will cover all floors with drop sheets and cover furniture with plastic protection.
You can rest assured that cutting corners won’t occur. Taking shorts are very much against the values and ethos of Staunch Greco Industries. We will do a great job for you!
Our quotes are very detailed and specific so you know exactly what will occur throughout the project.
Our painters are highly qualified and professional and share the same principles and values that Staunch Greco Industries upholds.
You will also have a dedicated project manager who will staunchly supervise the project and ensure everything is running smoothly. Every job is thoroughly examined and held against a criteria of our “Quality Control Project Check List”.
There are a number of reasons why pricing varies between companies. The cheapest price is rarely the better price or the better option for your project. Consider the following:
Not all painters are members of the Australian National Institute of Painting and Decorating Association nor the Masters Painters Association.
Not all painters carry all the necessary insurance. They may not have Workcover, Public liability or Professional Indemnity Insurance. We do 😊
Quite often price differences come down to the amount of preparation undertaken by the painter. This is the work that is done before paint is applied. The exact degree and level of the preparation will vary from project to project. It can be a time consuming and detailed process. Therefore, a significant portion of time may be spent on preparation. It may event account to over 50% of the entire project.
Staunch Greco Industries only uses staunch quality two coat paint options and premium eco-friendly paint. We want to ensure the durability and longevity of the work done on your painting project. Therefore, we don’t use cheap and low-grade paint products that will not deliver the results that we expect.
- Upon you contacting us we will arrange to make an appointment and view the residential or commercial space.
- When on site we will examine all surfaces to determine what kind of surface preparation is required.
- We will have a discussion with you regarding your expectations of the project. We will discuss the process of preparation, what happens during painting and what happens after. We will discuss estimations of project length.
- We will also discuss paint and colour options. We will determine whether you require a colour consultation to determine what paint colour/s should be used in your project.
- Once all this is done, we will prepare a detailed quote and email it to you. Please take the time to read through the quote to ensure all information is correct and everything is to your satisfaction.
- A few days later we will contact you in order to follow up in order to ensure that you have received the quote and to discuss things further.
- Where it’s necessary, we wash dirt and impurities from both internal and external surfaces.
- We remove current paint that is cracking, peeling, or is in a damaged state.
- We undertake sanding on rough edges.
- Gaps and cracks are filled with a filler. Surfaces are then sanded after filling. This is to create a clean and smooth surface.
- A Priming/undercoating process is administered on such elements as plasterboard, masonry, metal surfaces and exposed timber. Undercoat will also be used when painting dark colours over light and after wallpaper removal.
- We ensure that all moveable furniture remaining in the rooms to be painted is centred in the middle of the room and protected. We also ensure that floors are protected.
- Set Up: Your painting team will arrive on the organized day and time with all materials required for the project. We confirm what we will be doing for you and we set up an area for our equipment and material. We then proceed to lay out drop sheets.
- Prep Work: We begin all the required preparation that you have been briefed on that is necessary, which is also highlighted in the quote you have agreed to.
- Painting: We paint the agreed upon surfaces in the agreed upon rooms with the agreed upon colours. Your assigned Project Manager will keep a dutiful eye on the progression of the job to ensure everything is going smoothly.
- Completion: Once the job is completed you Staunch Project Manager will go over the project via our quality control inspection check list. We will ask if there is anything else that you require, and we will tidy up all work areas.
- Post Project Completion: We will follow up with you after project is complete to ensure you are happy and if you have any questions
We provide a workmanship warranty of five years. This covers any damage which is a result of work undertaken by Staunch Greco Industries. The paint materials that we use on your project have their own warranty.
Our painters hold Certificate 3 in Painting and decorating.
Our painters have several years of experience in residential and commercial painting.
Our Project Managers have had several years supervising projects.
Our management team have decades of experience in:
- Account and Project Management.
- Client Management.
- Business Management.
- Business administration.
Our team have worked in various fields including painting and decorating, commercial construction, retail, fast moving consumer goods and general corporate experience.
Our Accreditations include:
- Certificate 3 in Painting and decorating
- Member of Australian National Institute of Painting and Decorating Association
- Green Painters Association Accredited
- Painters Work Health and Safety Trained
- Safe Lead Pain and Asbestos Work Trained
- Working Safely at Heights trained
- Erection of Scaffolding trained
No. Painters do not work on their own. Painters are always supervised by a Staunch Greco Industries Project Manager.
Yes, we are. We have Workcover, Public Liability, and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
A colour and style consultation is a great opportunity to work out what paint colours to choose.
We can make an appointment to view your place of residence and business in order to get a feel of the space and get your ideas on what kind of mood and look you want to create. From that point we will present you with options based on the inspection and information you have given us.
Our colour consultation guide is a great beginning. Click here to access it.
We completely understand your concerns. The Covid-19 global pandemic has made significant alterations to the way that we live and work. Rest assured that we take it seriously. We also take the health of you and your family, your co-workers and our staff very seriously.
Staunch Greco Industries always keeps abreast of the latest Covid-19 updates and acts accordingly within legislation and any state-based regulations that come into play. We adapt in our way of working whenever it is necessary to do so.
Our staff undertake top notch hygiene standards and precautions. We will always be well equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
Your quote is valid for 60 days from its printed date.
It is highly recommended that you paint before installing new carpets. If new floorboards are being installed, we recommend painting first. Once that is done, floors can be sanded. Skirting boards can be painted after that by our team.
We will do our very best to ensure that we are working within your preferred dates. We will have a discussion around commencement of project start dates when we meet with you.
There is no general one answer as every job can be quite different. We have the skills and resources to work within the agreed upon time frames. Time must be factored in for paint drying, surface preparation and climate conditions.
Upholding high quality workmanship is incredibly important to us, so we will never rush a job or sacrifice quality. We will be in continual open communication with you about timing.
Cleaning up is an important part of our process. We are very thorough, and we remove all materials we use throughout your project. We sweep and clean up rooms, driveways, and walkways among other areas where we are working.
The varying seasons can influence when painting can be done, namely exterior painting. But not to worry, this will be planned out by your staunch Project Manager. We do not paint on days that are not suitable and that will impede on the job.
We take a 50% deposit before the job begins and 50% after the job is complete. We accept direct deposit and credit cards as payment.